After you’ve graduated from our cosmetology school in Boston, there are a multitude of career paths you can take. If you plan to become a salon owner some day, it may be wise to first take on a job in an existing salon in order to get industry experience first.
If you’re looking online for cosmetology jobs in the Boston area, be sure to thoroughly read the job description so you know exactly what role you’ll be playing in the salon. Bojack Beauty Academy ensures that you will be well-prepared for any cosmetology job due to our rigorous and in-depth classes. Our beauty school in Boston recommends finding a position in a salon with the following job description (or similar description):
- Keep work stations clean and sanitize tools such as scissors and combs. Clean tools or equipment. Clean work areas or facilities.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers’ instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors. Groom wigs or hairpieces. Trim client hair.
- Analyze patrons’ hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Assess skin or hair conditions.
- Schedule client appointments. Schedule appointments.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
- Apply solutions to hair for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Update and maintain customer information records, such as beauty services provided. Maintain client information or service records.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions. Apply cleansing or conditioning agents to client hair, scalp, or skin.
- Operate cash registers to receive payments from patrons.
- Demonstrate and sell hair care products and cosmetics. Sell products or services. Promote products, services, or programs.
- Demonstrate activity techniques or equipment use. Develop new styles and techniques. Design costumes or cosmetic effects for characters.
- Apply water, setting, straightening or waving solutions to hair and use curlers, rollers, hot combs and curling irons to press and curl hair. Apply solutions to hair for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes.
- Shape eyebrows and remove facial hair, using depilatory cream, tweezers, electrolysis or wax.
- Train or supervise other hairstylists, hairdressers and assistants. Train service staff. Supervise service workers.
As you know, these are just a few of the many tasks Bojack Beauty Academy will teach you throughout your time here at our Boston cosmetology school. We guarantee that the skills you learn here will be easily applicable to any salon career you have in the future. Many of our past students have mentioned that it’s these learned skills that have fast-tracked them into more senior positions at salons.
Ready to start your next career in the beauty industry? Enroll today in Boston’s oldest cosmetology school!