It’s already October and Halloween is coming up fast! If you aren’t one to fully celebrate the holiday but still want to look the part, there’s nothing better than heading to a salon or beauty school to get a frighteningly awesome Halloween manicure. Here are a few ideas to share with your manicurist.
- Blood spatter. Nothing says creepy more than bloody fingernails. To get the look, have your manicurist apply a white base coat, then use a toothpick or nail dotting pen to draw erratic red polish across the nail.
- Spooky eyes. Keep things simple by painting a black polish base coat. Once dry, make two circles with either white or yellow polish. After letting this dry, finish off the look with small black dots for the pupils.
- Candy corn fade. A design that will be sure to win you a few compliments. Have your manicurist use a beauty sponge to apply the yellow, orange, and white on each nail so that the colors fade into each other. You can also opt for a more clear-cut design.
- Glowing ghosts. You may need to ask your salon or beauty school in advance if they carry glow-in-the-dark polish. If not, bring a bottle from home to get this look. Have your manicurist paint a white base coat. Paint over this with glow-in-the-dark polish. Lastly, use a nail dotting tool to draw eyes and a creepy mouth.
- Glitter French. Opt for a gel polish for this look. Have the manicurist start with a French manicure — except using black polish for the tips. Go over the entire nail with orange glitter polish, concentrating the most glitter at the tips and fading out towards the cuticle.
- Bloody fingerprints. Another easy, yet festive look. Start with a white base coat. Once dry, have your professional manicurist dip their finger in red polish and place it atop your nails. Be sure to finish off the look with a top coat so the surface is smooth.
- All black. If you aren’t into the crazy designs, opt for just a black polish manicure. Make it sophisticated and interesting by alternating a matte black polish with the traditional, shiny polish.
If you want to really complete the look, don’t be afraid to get crazy with the toe nail polish either. Talk to your beauty experts about different looks for your toenails. Heading to a beauty school such as Bojack Beauty Academy is a great idea as customers will benefit from young, creative minds. And Halloween is the time to get creative!