Summer is just around the corner and we’re all gearing up for music and arts festivals, hitting up the rooftop bars around Boston, and hanging out with friends and family at backyard BBQs. No matter whether you have a wedding or graduation to attend or if you’re just looking for a new look, our beauty school has gathered this summer’s hottest haircuts for women.
- Long Beach Waves. Keeping your hair long this summer? Be sure to add texture with some loose beach waves and adding a few well-placed highlights. Finish off the look with some sea salt spray.
- Small Braids. No matter whether your hair is long or short, tiny braids are hot this summer. Incorporate ribbon or metallic glitter strands to add more style and funk to the look. Braids aren’t only cute and flirty, they’re also a practical means to keeping the hair out of your face.
- Short Cut. Sick of your long hair sticking to the back of your neck? The fool-proof cure is to simply give your hair a good chop — and we’re talking above-the-sounder chop. Make is a rough cut and add some texture with the help of styling gel.
- Cropped. If you’re ready to do something dramatic this season, going for the cropped look is the ultimate way to stay cool during the warm months in Boston. Pixie cuts are a specialty here at our beauty school! Our stylists-in-training will take into account the texture and thickness of your hair as well as the shape of your face to determine the best pixie cut look.
- No Bangs. Although this calls for a bit more planning ahead for the summer months, we recommend not opting for bangs or side bangs this summer. Keeping your hair off of your face is key to preventing breakouts and reduces the chances of your bangs looking oiling from sticking to your skin all day. Start growing them out and pin them back so as to keep your face flawless this summer.
Interested in learning how to perform these hairstyles on others? Enroll at our Boston beauty academy today. Or if you’re interested in a more affordable cut and style, stop in at our location at 47 Spring Street in West Roxbury, MA.